As we move closer to the launch of Qmlativ, the newest iteration of the Skyward information system we use for district-related data management, we wanted to share updates and answer questions we have recently received.
When does Qmlativ go live in Riverview?
February 29, 2024. A detailed timeline is provided below.
Why is this switch happening mid-year?
Skyward is phasing out their SMS 2.0 student management system and migrating school districts over to the Qmlativ platform in select cohorts. Districts are migrated generally in April or during the summer and several factors go into determining when districts will begin their migration work. In partnership with NWRDC (Northwest Regional Data Center), our software support team for the migration from Skyward to Qmlativ, Riverview is migrating in February 2024.
Who decided on the Qmlativ mid-year migration?
Superintendent’s Cabinet conducted long discussions with members of our Business and Operations team, Information Technology team, and student data coordinator, Mardi Rezoski. When weighing all the information, analyzing what steps would need to be taken and assessing the potential migration timelines available, the decision to migrate sooner, rather than later, fit with the district’s plans in moving to Qmlativ.
What factored into the decision to roll this out?
When NWRDC is working with districts on a migration plan, they consider the size of the district they are working with, the software support team’s schedule and capacity to provide necessary support to migrating districts, as well as the impact on district processes (i.e., payroll, grading, student data, employee information, etc.). Districts also make internal plans to best assess when they will be prepared and best equipped to move forward with migration. Riverview began planning this migration in the fall of 2022 and were added to the February 2024 cohort by NWRDC when all factors were considered.
What are these “Dark Days” I am reading and/or hearing about?
“Dark Days” refers to the period during migration when Skyward and Qmlativ will not be available. This signifies the final stages of the migration process and is expected to occur from February 20, 2024, through February 28, 2024.
• February 20, 2024 – Skyward database is locked at 2PM.
• February 21-23, 2024 – No access to Skyward or Qmlativ.
• February 26-28, 2024 – Data validation and post-migration configurations to be completed.
• February 29, 2024 – Anticipated “go live” date for Qmlativ.
In addition to “Dark Days,” are there are additional dates I need to be aware of?
• On February 14, e-Funds will be locked.
• On February 16, Family Student Access will be locked.
• There is no school in Riverview on February 16 and February 19, 2024, for President’s Day Weekend.
• On the morning of February 20, the existing Skyward Mobile app will be unavailable.
• On February 20, attendance alerts generated by Skyward and sent through ParentSquare will be temporarily unavailable. Low balance alerts for food service accounts will also be temporarily unavailable.
In addition, during the “Dark Days” period, all attendance entries, account balance adjustments, changes to new and existing student information and fee tracking will be updated approximately two-to-three weeks after Qmlativ goes live.
I am a parent/guardian in the district. Is there anything I need to do?
Two important things you can do at your earliest convenience:
• Make sure your student’s health and contact information is accurate and current.
• Check Skyward Family Access and make sure your contact and emergency contact information is accurate and current.
To update your student’s information, please contact your school’s registrar prior to February 15, 2024.
Is Qmlativ available as a mobile app?
A mobile app will be available. We will provide instructions for updating the mobile app once Qmlativ goes live on February 29, 2024.
Where can I find additional information on Qmlativ?
• Our Information Technology team has put together a webpage with resources for staff and families.
• Skyward has developed Resource Toolkits for all users (Parent, Student, Teacher, Administrator)