top of page

Why Riverview?

Riverview is a remarkable place to work and either start or continue your career. Whether you are considering applying for an instructional position as a certificated employee or a support position as a classified employee, you will have the encouragement of many talented colleagues, dedicated leaders and a cooperation of a community that rallies behind its schools.


Process for Applying

Hiring and developing a great staff is very important to us. Riverview has a well-defined hiring process which we use for all jobs and job applicants.

We use an easy-to-use online application system that will walk you through the entire process.

Certificated positions require a valid Washington State teaching certificate. Classified jobs include support positions in school, maintenance/custodial, food service and transportation.

If you need help with the online application system or are unable to access/use a computer, you can pick up all application packets at the District Office from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. We are here to help. For more information call Jennifer Horton-White at 425-844-4500.


Substitute Employment

We encourage you to consider applying for substitute employment (classified or certificated). Substitutes have the unique opportunity to become better acquainted with our district and each school location, as well as various employment opportunities. Substitutes in all areas are needed on a regular basis and hold an essential role in helping us with our district mission.

We use an easy-to-use online application system that will walk you through the entire process.

Types of substitutes:

Certified Teachers and Emergency Certified Substitute Teachers


Classified which include:

  • Educational Assistants

  • Custodians

  • Maintenance

  • Food Service

  • Transportation​

*More information on our Substitute Page*


Other Ways You Can Join the Riverview Team

Interpreters Needed

Riverview School District is in need of Interpreters of all languages.

Do you have Native level Spanish, Russian, French and English language skills? Riverview is currently seeking translators to convey meaning accurately and completely between parents with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) or other communication barriers and Riverview Staff.

Interpreters will be asked to interpret for Parent/Teacher conferences, Parent meetings, and Special Education Meetings. Interpreters are contracted and set their own hourly rate; rates tend to be $30.00 - $35.00 per hour.


Riverview welcomes and recognizes the expertise and experience retired educators can bring to our district as substitute teachers. Retirees wishing to substitute teach will need to complete a substitute packet. Please contact the Substitute Office at 425-844-4500 to request a retiree substitute packet. Make sure you check the return to work guidelines within your particular retirement plan so you don't inadvertently jeopardize your benefits. 


For additional information please see the DRS website: "Thinking about Working After Retirement"


Interns may be asked to substitute for their master teacher. In order to accept this role, an intern must apply for the Intern Substitute Teacher certificate through their university and complete district substitute paperwork. The hiring paperwork will be processed by the Substitute Office. Once this certificate has been issued and your paperwork completed, you will be entitled to teach in your master teacher's classroom only.

bottom of page